Hate hot summers? Head over to Berkeley! This stunning place is located beside Oakland. Having its own waterfront, one can get the full packaged experience of nature and water. The weather here remains mild throughout the year, the summers here doesn’t call for air conditioners at all! It is also home to the University of California.
Places to Visit:
- Indian Rock Park: Want to try your hand at rock climbing? Or simply want to get a panoramic view of the land all around? This is the place to do so.
- University of California: The University campus hosts dozens of ancient giants from Ola oak trees to humongous eucalyptus trees.
- Downtown Arts District: This place is heaven for the art enthusiast. From food to music to entertainment, there is absolutely no dearth of energy here.
- Berkeley Rose Garden: This is the place where fairy-tale meets real world! With Colosseum style stepped platforms, this is a place you’ll wish to never leave.
- César Chávez Park: This enchanting park is the place where one goes to work off that excess energy, or simply to enjoy nature and take a relaxing hike up its beaten paths.
- Berkeley City Club: Take a step back and catch your breath by dropping by this magnificent piece of architecture Julia Morgan, the first licensed female architect of California.
- Berkeley Marina: A perfect place for boaters, fishers, picnickers, food enthusiasts and what not. Bring your four-legged pal too!
Places to stay:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Berkeley Marina: Water-front property with a view of the golden bridge. It also features an open air patio dining and a lounge bar.
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza: Place with a 1900’s styled architecture and its organic cuisine, this is the go-to place for tourists who want fast access to all attractions.
- Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel: The name says it all. A classy hotel-cum-spa located in the woods overlooking the bay area.
- Berkeley Inn: This 3-star hotel may just e your saviour. With exceptional services and added amenities like free Wi-Fi, microwaves and coffeemakers.